Wednesday, January 25, 2017

And Then There Were Nine...

I am happy to announce that Dr. Kurev is no longer with us. We managed to sell the jerk over the internet and his new owner came and took him away in a box, still kicking, might I add.


Apparently his new owners have a huge flock of chickens in need of a rooster, so I'm sure he'll be very happy there.


As for our flock, they probably don't know the difference, not yet anyway. George O'Malley will have to step up to the plate and take care of his girls! The poor things are losing feathers on their backs from being mounted, some are even bald there. Hopefully he'll treat them right, and treat us right too. That means no crowing in the middle of the night, no disrespecting the hens, and definitely no attacking the people that feed him! He's head honcho on a trial basis. If he steps out of line, he'll be the next to go.


I have a pretty good feeling about George though. He doesn't seem to be the aggressive type, which I'm grateful for. I just hope I'm right.


Goodbye Alex Kurev! You will not be missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment